Configurating Arduino with FPGA

neospice

Question

I have a lot of Adafruit Sensors like Temperature Sensor, IMU, Pressure Sensors, etc. which are configured to Arduino. Now I want to connect Arduino to FPGA and the FPGA must read the sensor data and detect for abnormalities for control system. Can anyone help me how can I achieve this.

Edited by Aditya Shandilya
Added Tags

3 answers to this question

Hi @neospice,

Realistically this will be the same as any number of tutorials you can find online that discusses how to get two Arduino boards to communicate with each other (or honestly, an Arduino with any sort of peripheral, though in this case you would be writing both the 'master' code and 'slave' code).

I would personally recommend looking into the SPI protocol as that, in my opinion, would be the easiest to facilitate the relationship between the boards. I would probably have the Arduino board be set up in one of two ways: collecting and storing data continuously with an interrupt set up to see when the FPGA pulls the chip select line low so the Arduino can then see which data is requested and then said that data. Alternatively, if you don't need "instant" data, you can forgo the interrupt and just have the Arduino waiting to receive a request from the FPGA to take the samples since most data samples for environmental oriented sensors can be easily retrieved within 100 milliseconds which is more than fast enough for most real world applications.

Thanks,
JColvin