Black screen problem in HDMI passthrough on ZYBO z7-20

samokami

Question

Hello everyone,

i am trying to make an HDMI passthrough but i get only a blackscreen. Any idea why?

the camera used is Sony action cam HDR- as200v res 720p, 24p, tcout mp4, and connected to ZYBO HDMI RX. Output from ZYBO HDMI TX to TV.

all settings are in attachment

constant0 st set on 0 value.

constant1 is set on 1 value.

thank you in advance.

HDMIPass.JPG

Clockwizard.JPG

clockwizard200MHz.JPG

constrain.JPG

DVItoRGB.JPG

RGBtoDVI.JPG

3 answers to this question

thank you for your answer,

yes the TV shows no input signal, it's like the camera is not connected to the TV. when i connect the camera directly to the TV it works fine so the camera is functining.

I changed the dvi2rgb and rgb2dvi to 720p, the camera is also 720p but nothing changed also connecting pLocked to aRst_n of the next IP doesn't work. dvi2rgb.xdc also no success. I will try to debug and let you know.  @coldfiremc the block is not optimized or deleted.

thanks

Black screen as in not locked to an input or locked, but the pixels are black?

There are several reason why such a passthrough design wouldn't work. Since there is no frame-buffer, the source and the sink have to support a common resolution and the source would have to output at that. Does the cam work when connected directly to the TV? If yes, the resolution is 720p, choose that for both preferred resolution and clock ranges in the IP wizards. Connect pLocked to aRst_n of the next IP and to ILA or a LED to confirm the input side is working.

Enable debug module in dvi2rgb and do a capture in Vivado Hardware Manager on the logic analyzer.

Constrain the TMDS input clock in the top-level constraints file (check dvi2rgb.xdc).

On 1/16/2022 at 9:44 AM, samokami said:

Hello everyone,

i am trying to make an HDMI passthrough but i get only a blackscreen. Any idea why?

the camera used is Sony action cam HDR- as200v res 720p, 24p, tcout mp4, and connected to ZYBO HDMI RX. Output from ZYBO HDMI TX to TV.

all settings are in attachment

constant0 st set on 0 value.

constant1 is set on 1 value.

thank you in advance.

HDMIPass.JPG

Clockwizard.JPG

clockwizard200MHz.JPG

constrain.JPG

DVItoRGB.JPG

RGBtoDVI.JPG

Check logs and implemented design to see if the block is optimized/deleted in some way