Labview, ArtyA7-35T, Voltage measurement on a board pin

Lorenzo701

Question

Hi all, I'm trying to program the ArtyA7-35T board so that it can receive instructions from the outside (for example from Labview) and reply with a measurement.
The micro-usb port is used for serial communication.
For example: through Labview I ask to be given the voltage measurement on a pin of the board.
I have tried countless projects found on the internet but still have not been able to complete the program. I also tried using Vitis in addition to Vivado, however I still couldn't.
Can you help me? Thanks so much

1 answer to this question

Hi @Lorenzo701,

I'm not sure if it is possible to directly communicate and control the Arty A7 35T through LabVIEW; the only boards that I am aware of that could be communicated with through LINX (which uses NI VISA as I recall) were some of Digilent's microcontroller boards (which aren't really formally supported anymore as far as I am aware) and Digilent's Zynq boards with an SD card which loads a Raspbian OS, some specialized Digilent files and the LabVIEW Community Edition in order to be able to control the IO pins (further described in this guide here: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/guides/labview).

Otherwise, I suppose you set up something where LabVIEW sends reads and sends data on the serial/COM port that the Arty A7 uses and there is a serial interpreter on both the Arty A7 and LabVIEW (whether that's done through a serial block or calling a python script or similar), but we do not have any formal guides for doing such a project in conjunction with LabVIEW. The Pmod ToF and the Pmod COLOR both have applications where serial data is interpreted and read by the system board that you could use a reference though; they both use the XUartPS API in Vitis rather than the XUartLite API, but both libraries are similar enough that you should just be able to change the #include file name and adjust the functions names from listing from "XUartPS" to "XUartLite" without further manipulation.

Thanks,
JColvin