Using Analog Discovery studio with the Analog Discovery Canvas to Connect the Curve Tracer and Impedance Analyzer Boards

EERE

Question

I am looking to use the Analog Discovery Studio (410-384), with the optional Analog Discovery Canvas (410-412), to enable me to connect the Transistor Tester (410-413) or the Impedance Analyzer (410-378) via the Analog Discovery header on the Analog Discovery Canvas.

Does anyone know if the following configuration will work? I'd like to confirm before I make the purchase.

Untitled.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @EERE,

I apologize for the long delay. I took a look at the schematics and this connectivity should work just fine.

You'll have to make sure the modules are connected in the correct orientation of course; it should be that the top side of the pcb of either the Transistor Tester or the Impedance Analyzer is towards the notched side, though I would personally still make a point of verifying that orientation is accurate by checking with a multimeter where the ground pins are located on the expansion header.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Alternatively, working from the schematic, is there any reason not to simply connect the Transistor Tester to the ADS using the ADS-supplied MTE cables?

Pins 1-18:  use the 18-pin MTE cable provided for the DIO.

Pins 19 and 21:   use the 2-pin MTE for AWG1

Pins 20 and 22:   use the 2-pin MTE for AWG2

Pins 23 and 24: use a 2-pin MTE to +/- V

Pins 25 and 26:  use a 2-pin MTE to ground

Pins 27 and 28:  use the 2-pin MTE to Scope2

Pins 29 and 30:  use the 2-pin MTE to Scope1

More connections=more room for potential error, but if I don't have a Breadboard Canvas handy, that would work, yes?