Sample Code of Nexys A7

trupti

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi @sachin kohale,

What do you mean by not working? I tested each of the newly released demos for the Nexys A7, https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/nexys-a7/demos/start, in Vivado and Vitis 2020.1 following each of their listed instructions in their respective guides and this is what I found:

• Nexys A7 GPIO demo (includes LEDs, switches, buttons, 7 segment display, serial/UART, microphone, and mono pwm audio output) -- bitstream built without issue on first try and the board operated as described.
  • Nexys A7 Keyboard demo (includes Keyboard input via USB host header and seven segment display) -- The description on the page incorrectly describes the demo as using the serial terminal, but it instead displays the keyscan codes on the seven segment display. The bitstream built without issue on the first try though.
  • Nexys A7 OOB demo (includes switches, LEDs, pushbuttons, RGB LEDS, seven-segment display, VGA connector, USB HID Host port, PWM audio output, PDM microphone, 3-axis accelerometer and the temperature sensor) -- The bitstream built on the first attempt and everything operated as described.
  • Nexys A7 XADC demo (includes ) -- The bitstream built on the first attempt and the demo operates successfully, though changing switch 0 and 1 to change which input is used is not set up in an intuitive order. I will look into getting this corrected.
  • Nexys A7 DMA Audio demo (includes serial/UART and mono pwm audio output) -- This was the most difficult project to get up and running, though mostly due to lack of documentation than functionality; this will get updated soon. For the Vitis application to build, I first had to update the linker script to the local location as described in this note, https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/guides/using-github-releases#baremetal_release_workaround_before_programming. I then had to set the UART baud rate on the serial terminal to 230400 baud in order to see the messages on the screen and then learned that baud rate was set that high in order to reduce the time to transfer a WAV file from around 5 minutes to 70 seconds. But the board did operate as described.

What errors are you getting and what version of the demos did you download and what version of Vivado are you using?

Thanks,
JColvin