Vitis and Vivado SDK

tnkumar

Question

5 answers to this question

Xilinx Replaced the long-lived SDK, starting with Vivado 2019.2, with Vitis. You can download and use Vitis and Vivado for free from Xiinx, though not all devices are supported for free. Vitis includes most of the old software development tools, but Vivado still creates the HW bitstream.

Edited by zygot

3 hours ago, zygot said:

Xilinx Replaced the long-lived SDK, starting with Vivado 2019.2, with Vitis. You can download and use Vitis and Vivado for free from Xiinx, though not all devices are supported for free. Vitis includes most of the old software development tools, but Vivado still creates the HW bitstream.

Thanks @zygot. Can I install Vitis on Windows 10 Home (not Enterprise or professional) edition? Is Arty S7-50 supported for free?

I'm using Win10 Pro, but I don't see a reason why you can't install the tools on the Home edition. You can find all of the necessary install requirements and information concerning the tools in the same place where you download them. Be prepared for some pain as Vitis plus Vivado install files are HUGE. Spartan 7 is supported for free, as are all of the Artix7 devices.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:02 PM, zygot said:

I'm using Win10 Pro, but I don't see a reason why you can't install the tools on the Home edition. You can find all of the necessary install requirements and information concerning the tools in the same place where you download them. Be prepared for some pain as Vitis plus Vivado install files are HUGE. Spartan 7 is supported for free, as are all of the Artix7 devices.

Thanks @zygot