Analog Discovery with MATLAB

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

Hello, 
I'm interestet in "Analog Discovery 100MSPS USB Oscilloscope & Logic Analyzer" to use in combination with matlab. I have 2 questions:
1) Is it possible to generate an analog signal and record an analog signal at the same time (out of matlab) with this device?
2) Can i design the analog signal completly free (for example out of an lookup table)?
Thanks.

The response is below.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

All MATLAB support for the Analog Discovery is created and maintained by MathWorks (link to the Mathworks page on the Analog Discovery), so Digilent only able to offer very limited support for the MATLAB functionality. 

That being said, I think what you would want to find out (from MathWorks) is details on their Data Acquisition Toolbox which is used to interface with the Analog Discovery. I know the Analog Discovery itself is capable of both generating an analog signal and measuring an analog signal simultaneously, but I do not know if Matlab supports this. Similarly, I do not know if you could create an analog signal out of a lookup table from the MathWorks DAQ package. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived