Scope Data Limit?

SkillingT

Question

Hello,

I plan on using the Analog Discovery oscilloscope to capture data from an antenna, export as a .csv and then import to MATLAB for processing. 

Is there a limit on the amount of data I can collect using the WaveForms software? To capture more data, I can simply increase the base of the time scale, correct? I want to continuously send a data signal from the antenna and simultaneously receive using the scope. 

I believe it would be easiest to use the WaveForms software to capture the signal and then export to .csv and then re-import to MATLAB instead of using the MATLAB data acquisition. Is this an accurate claim?

Thank you. 

1 answer to this question

Hello,

The WaveForms Scope acquires by default 8k of samples in device buffer at up to 100MHz rate. The buffer size can be increased under main WaveForms window, Device/Manager, Show advanced features, selecting the 16k sample configuration.

Increasing the time base changes the sampling rate, by default averaging the 100MHz DAC samples.

To capture more samples use the Record tool under Scope/Control. This record mode streams the data through USB limiting the sample rate, see: 

The acquisition can be exported to CSV, record performed in CSV or WAV file.

Acquisition (and waveform generation) can be performed in MatLab using the DAQ toolbox plugin:

http://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/digilent-analog-discovery.html

Or using the WaveForms SDK functions.

Archived