Integration of PMOD ESP32 to Xilinx ZCU102 Board

Ghanu Dave

Question

I have ZCU102 Xilinx Development Board and I want to Add Digilent PMOD ESP32 to that existing ZYNQ UltraScale Processor section - PSYS7. I have instantiated PMOD ESP32 already on the board - How do I connecto this IP to Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - I do have AXI Interconnect Block on My block Design. I can Expand that - so I can connect AXI Interconnect out puts to PMOD ESP32 - DO I NEED UARTLITE? Block in the design or do I just bring the out put directly from PMOD ESP32 - If I do not need UARTlite then how the interface will communicate with outside (Digilent) PMOD ESP32 - I want to make sure my connection in the PSYS7 Block digram are correct and validate first then I can bring the PMOD pins out side and add required constraint in XDC and other TCL files. Any help appreciated. I am using

Vivado 2019.1 version and I do a have correct PMOD IP library loaded and pointed to.   

Edited by Ghanu Dave
Add more information

1 answer to this question

16 minutes ago, Ghanu Dave said:

I have ZCU102 Xilinx Development Board and I want to Add Digilent PMOD ESP32 to that existing ZYNQ UltraScale Processor section - PSYS7. I have instantiated PMOD ESP32 already on the board - How do I connecto this IP to Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - I do have AXI Interconnect Block on My block Design. I can Expand that - so I can connect AXI Interconnect out puts to PMOD ESP32 - DO I NEED UARTLITE? Block in the design or do I just bring the out put directly from PMOD ESP32 - If I do not need UARTlite then how the interface will communicate with outside (Digilent) PMOD ESP32 - I want to make sure my connection in the PSYS7 Block digram are correct and validate first then I can bring the PMOD pins out side and add required constraint in XDC and other TCL files. Any help appreciated. I am using

Vivado 2019.1 version and I do a have correct PMOD IP library loaded and pointed to.   

Clarification: I have Added PMOD ESP32 to Block Diagram in VIVADO (I do have Zynq UltraScale+ Block on the block digram and also AXI Interconnect block. I want to 

complete the connections correctly - Thank you so much