DstmTransfer failed ERC: 3077 over ethernet

Erik Hartwig

Question

Hi,

I suddenly can't connect to my ADP3450 over ethernet. I have tried the stable version of WaveForms as well as beta 3.16.34.

I'm getting the error message:

DstmTransfer failed ERC: 3077
Device configuration failed (PLL).
/Applications/WaveForms.app/Contents/Frameworks/dwf.framework/Resources/digilent/waveforms/firmware/DCFG_06_04_01.bit

I'm on Mac OS X 11.5.2

I have tried a standard failsafe recovery boot, upgrading the firmware but no success. USB Standard works.

Please advice on what to do. Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Hi @Erik Hartwig,

I have a few questions regarding your setup (I won't necessarily be personally able to debug/attempt to replicate the situation as I have a Windows based machine, though the creator of the WaveForms software commonly checks this sub forum and will be able to see your question).

- Are you are using the Ethernet Standard mode?
- Was the Ethernet Standard mode (or Ethernet Linux mode) working previously?
- For your Ethernet connection, are you connected directly between the ADP3450 and the host computer or are they connected through a router/switch?
- Did you just get this error upon startup for a normal working session or did you get it after changing boot modes or switching devices, or some other change that might have occurred?

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank for your quick reply @JColvin.

• I get the error for Ethernet Standard. Ethernet Linux mode did not work, but is now working. I do not know if it's because of me upgrading to the latest WaveForms or switching modes back and forth. 
  • Everything has been working flawlessly until yesterday in both Ethernet/USB Standard mode and Ethernet/USB Linux mode.
  • The host computer and the ADP3450 are connected through a switch without any NAT or firewall.
  • I got this error at the start of a working session. It worked the day before and there were no changes to the hardware setup, changes of modes.

Is there any additional logs and/or debug flags I can enable?

Thank you.

Booting into Standard mode gives this terminal output:

AXI-DMA Setup

Boot v03.3E
MultiBoot: 0x0000C000
RebootStatus: 0x00480000
ResetReason: 0x00

Press any key for Recovery Mode...
S for Standard Mode
L for Linux Mode

PL done
QSPI: 01-20-18-4D-01-80
Programming PL
DDR Check
BootMode 0x01
Loading Standard Mode
PH 0 from: 0x044000 [8] to: 0x134000 [8]
PH 1 from: 0x010000 [34010] to: 0x100000 [34010]
FsblHandoffExit

Running Standard Mode v03.3E
PL done
QSPI: 01-20-18-4D-01-80
AXI-DMA Setup
Setup
MAC: 00-18-3E-03-94-ED
Running
USB Connect 1
Start PHY autonegotiation 
Waiting for PHY to complete autonegotiation.
autonegotiation complete 
link speed for phy address 15: 1000
IP :       192.168.86.249
Netmask :  255.255.255.0
Gateway :  192.168.86.1

There's no additional output when trying to connect.

Hi @attila,

It's still not working when trying to connect with Ethernet Standard. I'm also getting the error intermittently when connected in Ethernet Linux, very infrequent though.

The IP is obtained through DHCP, I have tried both manual and DHCP. I have also tried other external ethernet adapters on the host to see if the error was due to host to interface communication. Looking at the traffic with Wireshark the communication seems to be working. I see UDP packages where it seems that the ADP is announcing itself, and I can see TCP communication between the host and the ADP when trying to connect.

@Erik Hartwig

I'm unable to replicate the issue on an M1 Mac Mini running Mac OS 11.5.2 using Waveforms 3.16.36 with the latest standard mode firmware, Linux image, and adept-bridge software.

Can you please upgrade to the latest Linux image and adept-bridge application and see if the intermittent issue goes away in Linux? This is a two step process at the moment that requires a thumb drive with a FAT32 file system:
1. Download ADP3450/ADP3250 Linux Image version 9: here
2. Extract the zip file
3. Copy "deploy.env", "emmc.img", and "usb-image.ub" to the root of a FAT32 USB thumb drive.
4. Download adept-bridge version 0.7.0 to the root of the same FAT32 USB thumb drive. Download here
5. Unmount the thumb drive and then connect it to one of the four host ports on the back of the ADP3450/ADP3250
6. Connect ADP3450/ADP3250 to your MAC through USB
7. Open Waveforms, in the device manager select the ADP3450/ADP3250, click on "Boot", select "Linux Recovery", then click "Apply & Reboot". Close Waveforms.
8. In a terminal connected to the ADP3450/ADP3250 login using "root" as both the user name and password.
9. In the terminal type "deploy-to-emmc" and press enter. Wait for the operation to complete.
10. Open Waveforms, in the device manager select the ADP3450/ADP3250, click on "Boot", select "Linux", then click "Apply & Reboot". Close Waveforms.
11. In the terminal login with "digilent" as the user and password.
12. In the terminal execute "sudo mkdir /mnt/usb"
13. In the terminal execute "sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb"
14. In the terminal execute "sudo dpkg -i /mnt/usb/digilent.adept.bridge_0.7.0_armhf.deb"
I believe that it will automatically stop the service to install the update and then restart it.
15. Open Waveforms and check to see if the ADP3450 is visible through USB and Ethernet.
If it's not visible then it's likely that the service didn't get restarted. In the terminal execute "sudo systemctl start adept-bridge.service". If that doesn't work then execute "sudo reboot".

Can you please try using the Linux hosted Ethernet connection for a while and let me know if you are still seeing intermittent problems? Also, is there a wireless connection involved anywhere along the way or is this purely a wired connection?

Thanks,
Michael

@gojisan

Does the problem return if you boot back into standard (non-Linux) mode?

I wonder if the issues related to the thumb drives are related to current consumption. Two of the host ports are limited to 500mA each, while the other two are capable of providing 1 amp. I've never paid any attention to which ones I use when using a thumb drive but I'm also using a Sandisk drive. I have noticed that some of the supported wifi dongles will brown out on the 500mA ports when transmitting and are only usable on the 1 amp ports. It may be worth trying the 1amp ports the next time you use the Sony or IO data thumb drives. The 1 amp ports are the ones with the white square around them.

Thanks,
Michael