Analog Discovery 2 not detected In Waveforms 2015 on Linux

Commanderfranz

Question

Hello, 

I've successfully installed Waveforms 2015 v3.3.3 and the Adept runtime 2.16.1 on my machine which is running Fedora 21. Both are 64 bit. However, when I plug in the Analog Discovery 2 it shows no device detected. 

I tried reinstalling the Adept runtime, and the FTDI drivers with no success. 

The Analog Discovery 2 does show up on my machine as a USB device however. It shows up as "Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC"

Thanks!

Kaitlyn

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I just tested Fedora 21 64bit and WaveForms 2015 detects the Analog Discovery 2 for me.

The seen device name is good, this is how it is listed.

Try connecting/reconnecting the AD2 after installing the software or reboot the Linux.

Try installing Adept utilities and run the following command from terminal which should list AD2:
$ dadutil enum
https://reference.digilentinc.com/digilent_adept_2

Let us know what you find.

Hi Attila,

I installed adept utilities and it says "no devices found" when I run the command you suggested. This happens with the AD2 plugged in and not plugged in.  

I also had tried rebooting and connecting and reconnecting the AD2 earlier but had forgotten to mention that. 

Thanks for your help!

Kaitlyn

Hi Kaitlyn,

The RPM/DEB installers are managed by the system, tracking dependencies, version, files...
The (older) install of the TGZ is a custom batch script for placing the files.

Installing both RPM/DEB and TGZ you could end up having different/incompatible file versions or missing files...
Ask Michael for details.

Archived