Pmod MTDS with Android system

Paul Chang

Question

Dear Sir,

Could this product be implemented If I want to run Android system (Real time video)?

Because the display method may be not real-time?

Could you give me some solutions about touch panel products.

if I want to implement the touch panel function for Android System in Xilinx.

Best Regards,

Paul

2 answers to this question

Hi @Paul Chang,

If I am understanding your question correctly, you are wanting to implement an Android operating system on separate hardware and then using the MTDS as the display panel? I suppose this is probably technically possible to do (as is the case with most software; it's possible with enough work, though not necessarily at level of polish and complexity one has in mind due to hardware limitations).

There are some hurdles that I can think of with regards to such an endeavor though.

The display itself is at a QVGA resolution (320 x 240 pixels); I don't know if any of the Android operating system supports such small displays natively. The way the firmware on the MTDS is set up, it will draw individual pixels on the screen or will load a bitmap refreshing a designated portion of the screen. I'm not sure what the realistic refresh rate is on the display, but I don't believe it will dynamically update the display like a phone screen, or at least the firmware on the MTDS does not support this as such as far as I know.

Thanks,
JColvin