jtag hs2 now shows up as "Discovery".... what to do

PeterKM

Question

After one day of (perfect) use my new Jtag-hs2 stopped working and now shows up as "discovery" in the adept sw  thus programming is not possible.

1) How can this be changed

2) Using the jtag hs2 with Xilinx Impact enables me to program the FPGA program eeprom of my FPGA application in addition to just programming the FPGA it self. Do Digilent have a sw package that can do this (adept seems not to support this)  . Impact is highly instable so i would prefer another programmer sw

Regards

Peter

1 answer to this question

Hi @PeterKM,

I don't know how the JTAG HS2 would have gotten it's internal configuration changed. Do you also have the Digilent WaveForms software installed that you have been using? That's really the only way I can think of that would have changed the EEPROM configuration of the HS2 to Discovery (i.e. the original Analog Discovery). I'm also guessing that you are not able to program the downstream FPGA of the JTAG HS2 through iMPACT because of this change?

Regarding your other question, I'm guessing when you say iMPACT letting you program the EEPROM of your FPGA application you are referring to programming the on-board flash memory with a .bin file? You are correct that Adept does not have a way to program the flash memory directly. You might be able to do it by creating a .svf file, but I have not successfully done this in or through Vivado (I haven't attempted this on ISE).

Thanks,
JColvin