Platform Cable USB II support (Nexys Video)

Eric888

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi @Eric888,

The Xilinx Platform Cable USB II is a 2x7 connector rather than the 1x6 header that is present on the Nexys Video. So you would need an adapter that accounts for the pin orientation changes if you wanted to use the Platform Cable, though I haven't seen such an adapter that also accounts for the difference in pin layout.

If you are just wanting to connect to the board to load designs, you can use a micro USB cable (that isn't charging only) on header J12. Serial/UART communications are available through a second micro USB connector on J13.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

7 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @Eric888,

The Xilinx Platform Cable USB II is a 2x7 connector rather than the 1x6 header that is present on the Nexys Video. So you would need an adapter that accounts for the pin orientation changes if you wanted to use the Platform Cable, though I haven't seen such an adapter that also accounts for the difference in pin layout.

If you are just wanting to connect to the board to load designs, you can use a micro USB cable (that isn't charging only) on header J12. Serial/UART communications are available through a second micro USB connector on J13.

Thanks,
JColvin

Xilinx platform cable II have an JTAG flying wiring adapter cable(see image),I want to use it to replace J12 function, will it conflict with the function of J12? Because there is no circuit diagram of this part in NexysVideo Schematic.

截圖 2021-07-24 上午8.18.33.png

Hi @Eric888,

Oh, I didn't realize there was such an adapter available from Xilinx. Using J17 (the unloaded 6-pin jtag header) should not interfere with J12; you can simply leave the micro USB connector on J12 not attached. It's purpose was to provide the USB to JTAG connection circuitry, but if you already have that functionality through the Xilinx Platform cable, then J12 is not needed.

Thanks,
JColvin

1 hour ago, JColvin said:

Hi @Eric888,

Oh, I didn't realize there was such an adapter available from Xilinx. Using J17 (the unloaded 6-pin jtag header) should not interfere with J12; you can simply leave the micro USB connector on J12 not attached. It's purpose was to provide the USB to JTAG connection circuitry, but if you already have that functionality through the Xilinx Platform cable, then J12 is not needed.

Thanks,
JColvin

I have Issue about “How to restore FT2232 EEPROM back to factory settings?” and I leave a message on the thread 

could you send a PM for me?