Arty A7-35T was not detected by vivado hardware manager.

Foo Kian Sang

Question

Hi, recently bought one FPGA Arty A7-35T. I had built out some simple projects by using this FPGA board and they are successful. However, when I reconnect it to my computer, the Vivado hardware manager cannot auto detect the board. I had tried uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver. But, the board still cannot be detected. When it is connected to the computer by using the usb port, the power up led (LD11) and program led (LD8) are light up. Besides, the LED LD9 & LD10 also been light up. For my understanding, LD9 & LD10 is the transmit and receive indicator for the UART connection, but, previously I didnt program any project into the flash memory. So, I think both of these LED shouldnt be light up. May I know is this a hardware failure? Is this problem can lead to the problem that Vivado hardware manager cannot detect the FPGA board? For your information, teraterm also cannot detect the serial port of the FPGA board. Kindly need some helps. Thank you very much.  

3 answers to this question

Hi @Foo Kian Sang,

I apologize for the delay.

Are you able to see the board either in the Windows device manager (presuming you are using Windows) or through the Digilent Adept software as described in this thread?

This will be helpful in terms of being able to determine the root cause you are experiencing.

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin

Hi,

I also encountered the same problem, LD8 and LD11 are both lit up, LD10 is also lit up, but this board cannot be recognized.

I was not able to see the board in the Windows Device Manager (assuming you are using Windows) or through the Digilent Adept software (as described in this thread).

Thanks!

Hi @Leo_W,

To me, this indicates that you will need to try a different USB cable because the board is not visible in the Windows Device Manager.

If data in the FTDI chip was corrupted in some capacity, Windows would still show the device, albeit in some flavor of "unrecognized device"; when the board is not detected at all (I'm presuming that there is no classic Windows sound for when a USB device is connected to the PC), this is a common indication that there is no data transfer of any kind between the two systems.

Please let me know if this is not the same issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
JColvin