Realtime data consumption of a C++ program

matt.casavecchia

Question

Right now I'm trying to consume digital Input measurements and use them in a C++ (Linux) application. 

Currently, I'm writing to file from the Waveforms application. Then running the c++ application which reads from the file which waveforms is writing to. Is there a better way to do this? Any Ideas would be appreciated .

690323764_Screenshotfrom2021-06-2115-42-18.png.4e332cce4babc7fdc8e2162125ec6275.png

if there is a way for waveforms to send udp packets that might also work for this application... 

EDIT: I see there's a way to do this with the sdk but I'm having trouble linking the library with CMAKE. Has anyone used CLION+CMAKE with this dwf dynamic library?

Edited by matt.casavecchia

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @matt.casavecchia

You can use the Tool.exec or .start functions to launch an external application, see the Help in the app

You can also use the WF SDK/API and for linking use -ldwf, see the manual and examples

image.png.16cb3d6192f4b68d65e269f9cfef5e84.png

@attila I'm having trouble extracting data from the "rgwSample" variable on the C++ example "DigitalIn_record.cpp".

I'm measuring a 1Hz square wave on DIO0. 

Ideally i'm trying to see when the digital input switches from 0 to 1. I have it set to take 100 samples at 10Hz... The program returns immediately with only rgwSamples[0] through rgwSamples[6] filled in. Can you help shed some light on how to use this variable properly & how to figure out what time these measurements were taken at. 

Screenshot from 2021-06-23 11-53-25.png