How to Program the ZMOD port on the Digilent USB104 A7

rmccormack1

Question

So I have the Digilent USB104 A7 board and I am wanting to program the zmod port on the board. When I open the constraint file I see their is a spot for the ZMOD (syzygy port) but their is no code in their. I was wondering how I would program the port?

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, rmccormack1 said:

I was wondering how I would program the port?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'program the port'.

If you want to setup the internal DAC or ADC registers on one of the ZMOD pods you can use the low level controller(s) VHDL codeĀ  that Digilent supplies in the vivado-library repo. These setup your ZMODs to function after power-on. You'll need some way to write registers in your HDL code if you want to change the default settings post configuration. You can use the USB DPTI for this, or you can add a UART interface to do this.

If the preceding information isn't what you are looking for you'll have to be a bit more expansive in describing what you want.

Syzygy ports and pods use a Micro on the pods to communicate with the carrier board on power-on to determine things like Vccio voltage and basic pod functionality. On the USB104-A7 and the Eclypse-Z7 carrier boards Digilent uses a micro with it's own code to implement the Syzygy DNA negotiation phase.

Edited by zygot