Pmod ESP32 Flash/Boot Mode

QntSkd

Question

Are there any thorough examples/documentation regarding flashing new firmware specifically onto the Pmod ESP32? I have already compiled the targeted firmware and installed esptool. I am having trouble getting esptool to recognize the chip and it returns a timeout error (the serial port is correct, have tried every baud rate, etc). I'm not confident that I am engaging flash mode correctly and I'm seeking clarification regarding the hardware side to initiate it...also I am using a Basys 3 for the USB-UART Bridge, is there anything I need to specifically do with the board to get this to flash? I have attached the block design and the C code to initialize the ESP32 is from the demo https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-library/blob/master/ip/Pmods/PmodESP32_v1_0/drivers/PmodESP32_v1_0/examples/main.c. Thanks! Update: Currently have the J2 RX, TX connected to JA pins 2 and 3, the VCC and GND of J1 connected to JA, and GND and IO0 of J2 are jumper capped, chip is still not found (BOOT is on). Perhaps it is an issue with the instantiation of the Basys 3 usb-uart serial bridge?

bdesign.PNG

Edited by QntSkd
Update

1 answer to this question