PCam Adapter with ZCU104 FPGA

harish_k

Question

Hello all,

We are implementing the camera sensor on ZCU104 through FMC connector. We are planning to use FMC Pcam adapter for it. As this adapter is incompatible to Ultrascale devices, this becomes incompatible. 

But I my question is both boards are compatible to VITA 57.1. Can you let me know why they are incompatible?

Adapter The board fully conforms to the VITA 57.1 specs. (as per site). FPGA: s the pinout of the FPGA mezzanine card (FMC) low pin count (LPC) connector defined by the VITA 57.1 FMC specification (ZCU104 manual) 

1 answer to this question

Hi @harish_k,

Based on this section of it's reference manual, https://reference.digilentinc.com/add-ons/fmc-pcam-adapter/reference-manual#fpga_io_architecture_compatibility, my limited understanding is not necessarily that the FMC Pcam adapter is incompatible, but that the Ultrascale architecture is more restrictive in it's clock/strobe propgation than the VITA 57.1 specification document provides details for, with the need of each bank receiving two independent D-PHY interfaces. There are a couple of other threads about this topic as well:

In those threads, there is mention of a FMC Pcam Adapter+ option that would be compatible with Ultrascale architecture, but my understanding is that this product has not been released from development (too many other higher priority projects taking up time).

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks
JColvin