Question

hi everyone, i am looking  daq with this features:

-minimum 1 Msps

-minimun 6 channels

-open software (linux , python )

-range -5v + 5v 

interfacing with python app

the board will be use with raspberry

the daq is for a energy meter with 3 sensors of current and 3 sensors of voltage,in  substation of higth voltage

best regards 

Juan

1 answer to this question

Hi @juandaniel,

Presuming that the inputs that you are needing are all analog inputs (based on the -5V to +5V requirement), Digilent does not have any acquisition boards that have this many analog inputs all on one board.

All of our Test and Measurement devices (with the exception of the Digital Discovery since it does not have any analog inputs) meet your listed requirements, though I do not know what you have in mind by "open software". All of Digilent's Test and Measurement devices are controlled through our WaveForms software, https://reference.digilentinc.com/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/start, which is compatible with Linux and can be installed on run on a Raspberry Pi 4. The included WaveForms SDK can be used in a python environment and has a number of built in examples.

If it helps your decision, the Test and Measurement devices can be set up in a "daisy chain" fashion for simultaneous data acquisition, as described in more detail in this thread:

Let me know if you have any questions,
JColvin