Verilog functionality works after programming with bitstream but not with "bin file" from flash memory.

G.S.

Question

Normally I would have had a question for the forum now.
However, shortly before sending the question, I found the cause of the problem myself.
As it turned out, it is not a problem but only a lack of information about the Vivado development environment.

Therefore, here is my question and the direct answer to it.
(so that others don't waste their time)

The question would have been:

I have written a small Verilog description which only flashes one LED.
     It can be programmed into the board with the USB cable and it works.
     Then I tried to program this Verilog description with a "bin file" so that after a restart (power-on) this corresponding

function is executed immediately.
     Unfortunately, the programming of the flash memory has overwritten the old data, but
     the test function is not started after a power-on.
      During programming, it was reported that everything had worked. (Deleting the memory and reprogramming)
     It is not clear to me why the Verilog description only works when programming with a "bit stream".
     I use the BASYS board with the Vivado "Version 2020.2".

Thank you in advance for any information on the cause of the problem or a description of the solution.

The answer is:

If you restart the board (power-on) then the desired function is loaded from the memory and immediately executed in the FPGA.
But only if the Vivado development environment is not started on the connected computer.
If it is not started, the board can remain connected to the computer with the USB cable for the board's power supply.
Then, after switching on the board with the power switch, everything starts without errors. Switching on when Vivado is running prevents execution from the flash memory.

So no answer is required !
However, as information, this contribution should remain in the forum.

1 answer to this question