Invalid I/O Standard 'TMDS' when using Nexys Video .xdc file

Question

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project for the Oculus Rift, where I need to generate HDMI ouput.

Currently I'm using an rbg2dvi IP block to generate TMDS-output, however, when I assign the correct pins in the constraints file by uncommenting the TDMS_clk and TDMS_Data pins, the implementation gives a critical warning about not knowing the I/O standard TDMS, even though it is specified as that in the default constraints file.

I'm also already using the latest board files in Vivado 2016.1

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue?

Regards,

Niels

5 answers to this question

You want to use TMDS_33 - for example:

set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN Y1    IOSTANDARD TMDS_33  } [get_ports { hdmi_tx_n[0] }]; 
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN W1    IOSTANDARD TMDS_33  } [get_ports { hdmi_tx_p[0] }]; 
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AB1   IOSTANDARD TMDS_33  } [get_ports { hdmi_tx_n[1] }]; 
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AA1   IOSTANDARD TMDS_33  } [get_ports { hdmi_tx_p[1] }]; 
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AB2   IOSTANDARD TMDS_33  } [get_ports { hdmi_tx_n[2] }]; 
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AB3   IOSTANDARD TMDS_33  } [get_ports { hdmi_tx_p[2] }]; 

(this is from an Artix 7 project for the Nexys Video, so you will have different pin locations - but you get the gist - it is TMDS_33)

Thanks for the answers. Changing TDMS to TDMS_33 everywhere worked!

The only remaining question, then, is: why does the .xdc file provided by Digilent have this incorrect iostandard?
Someone at Digilent might want to update the constraints file that is provided on the Nexys Video documentation page.

Thanks again!

21 hours ago, nversluis said:

Thanks for the answers. Changing TDMS to TDMS_33 everywhere worked!

The only remaining question, then, is: why does the .xdc file provided by Digilent have this incorrect iostandard?
Someone at Digilent might want to update the constraints file that is provided on the Nexys Video documentation page.

Thanks again!

I think you meen TMDS_33.