Camera Sensor Driver for ov9281

Question

Hello everybody,

I am trying to write a bare-metal application to stream images on VGA monitor. This is my hardware design.

image.thumb.png.1f04bd5fae66fc081d857456e1bdb01c.png
Untill now I am able to configure PCAM (ov5640) camera and stream the data using the bare-meta application and now I would like to do the same for a different camera (ov9281) .I understand that teh registers are to be configured the way shown in the attachment file i2c.h , but I do not know how to do that for ov9281, it is esentially a part of the driver.
I have found ov9281's linux kernel driver and I am attaching that too

Could anybody help me with that please?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

i2c.h ov9281.c

1 answer to this question

Hello @Gumesh,

I looked into it a bit to see what I could come up with, but since we haven't used the ov9821 in our products this is as much support we can provide.

The ov9821 supports different image resolution, color support, and active array sizes, among other differences in specifications vs the ov5640. As such, both the drivers and the IP iself would need to be adjusted to account for these different specifications and any changes in register sizes on the ov9821.

Hopefully one of our amazing community members has some experience with that product and can help you out.

Best regards,
AndrewHolzer