LabVIEW Home Bundle 2014 comparison to other editions of LabVIEW

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

I found the "Labview Home Bundle 2014" on your online store. Can you please tell me what the restrictions to a full license from NationalInstruments are?
To which Edition is the Home bündle similar?

The response is below.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

The LabVIEW Home Bundle 2014 includes the following (taken from the National Instruments page):

• the LabVIEW Full Development System
  • the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
  • and the LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

So I guess the most similar other LabVIEW product would be the LabVIEW Student Edition, except that the Home Bundle has the Full Development System of LabVIEW. That being said, the LabVIEW Home Bundle is only licensed for non-commericial, non-industrial, and non-academic purposes. 

I guess as another side note, when you purchase the LabVIEW Home Bundle, you own that license and it will not expire after a year or anything like that. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

2 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hello,

The LabVIEW Home Bundle 2014 includes the following (taken from the National Instruments page):

• the LabVIEW Full Development System
  • the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
  • and the LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

So I guess the most similar other LabVIEW product would be the LabVIEW Student Edition, except that the Home Bundle has the Full Development System of LabVIEW. That being said, the LabVIEW Home Bundle is only licensed for non-commericial, non-industrial, and non-academic purposes. 

I guess as another side note, when you purchase the LabVIEW Home Bundle, you own that license and it will not expire after a year or anything like that. 

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello James,

thanks for that aswer. But on the labviewmakerhub.com site inside the tutorial "LINX Software setup" is described that I have to activate the application-builder as well to deploy code to my RaspberryPi2. If I understand your aswer correct, the application-builder is not part of the home bundle?!?!

Then I do not understand why labviewmakerhub and digilent offer a bundle of the labview home bundle and a RaspberryPi that makes me hoping I buy all I need to deploy code to that RaspberryPi for 50$ but in reality I have to buy the application-builder for around 1500$ from NI as well :-/

could you explain that for me, please???

Hi derjape,

It explains in the video on LINX Software setup page (around the 1 minute mark) that the LabVIEW Home Edition has since been updated (within the last few months) to include the Application Builder with it. If you have installed LabVIEW Home previously, you will be able to right click on the Application Builder and activate it without having to re-purchase LabVIEW Home Edition.

Naturally, Digilent doesn't have any control over the NI page on LabVIEW home, but I see if Digilent can update our own page to reflect this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived