Uno32 Shield Template

CoraMatt

Question

Hello,

I'm looking for an Altium PCB template for an Uno32 homemade shield who makes use of all the pins of the board. I would also be pleased with a "technical drawing" of the board which shows the spacing between the different connectors and pin banks so I could make my own template in case I couldn't find any.

Thank you

9 answers to this question

Hi CoraMatt,

Digilent does not have any templates available for a shield that fits the Uno32. We do sell a protoshield for the Uno32, which does connect all all of the pins (although I'm not sure if you just wanted all of the physical pins rather than have the pins connected by functionality like SPI). However, we do not manufacture the protoshield so we are not able to offer any schematics for it; all we have is this document from the manufacturer. 

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

My application requires the use of components who are only found in a surface mount format so a protoshield is not ideal. In fact the shield I would be designing should look a lot like this but my own circuitry printed on it instead of a protoboard look. I'm finally looking for the spacing between the J5 and J6 connectors (according to the reference manual nomenclature) and the spacing between pins. I could measure those with a vernier scale, but a technical drawing would be ideal if you happen to have one.

Thanks

Hi CoraMatt,

I am working on getting "technical drawing" of the board which shows the spacing between the different connectors and pin banks. It may be a couple of days for me to get this information for you.

thank you,

Jon

Hi CoraMatt,

We are creating a 2D drawing of the pcb that we will post in a few days. Also here is a link to the uno32 and to the basic io shield. Both have an eagle project that is downloadable. From the research i was able to do it looks like you should be able to import the files you would need from the eagle projects into altium. Please let me know if there is any more i can do to help.

https://reference.digilentinc.com/chipkit_uno32/chipkit_uno32

https://reference.digilentinc.com/chipkit_shield_basic_io_shield/chipkit_shield_basic_io_shield

thank you,

Jon

Archived