New Analog Discovery 2 No Longer Recognized

Reyngoudt

Question

9 answers to this question

Update:  Let it sit for a while and then it started to connect but got this message:  "Device opening failed.  JtscProgramDvc failed SERC:  0x3EC Device programming failed."

After another wait, plugged it in again and got:  "Device opening failed.  The device is being used by another application:  SERC:  0x3E9.   DjtgEnable failed.  Device programming failed."

I plugged it in again and it connected for a brief moment.  Then I got this message:  "Communication with the device failed.  Please check the USB cable and power supply connections.  For further troubleshooting consult the help.  Communication with the device failed 10.  DptiIO failed ERC:10 out:8 in:28.  Device status failed.

I have tried another known good cable which did not help.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Hello,

Working with a "NUCLEO-F103RB" board to learn about the stm32 chip.  Been using Microchip for years and wanted to learn something new.   I've mostly been generating encoder and current signals out W1 and W2 for inverter-code simulation. 

I believe the USB chip / USB PCB section is defective, got gradually worse and worse.  Discovery 2 would lose communication but continue to generate signals.  Over the last few days, I periodically get the Discovery 2 to connect for about 10sec.  If, during that time, I can start the signals, the DIscovery 2 will continue to function; but, I can't talk to it, make changes, etc.

Thanks,

Neil

Have checked using other cables.  Tried moving cable within the socket, etc.  Still having issues.  Also tried other USB ports on separate computers.  I really believe it's a board problem within the unit.   Unit is also new and internal contacts look good.

Neil