executables selected for download on to the following processors doesn't exist or incorrectly specified. Do you wish to ignore them and proceed? 1.ps7_cortex9_0

rmormorian

Question

Hello everybody. I am encountering this problem when I try to run Debug as Hardware in SDK.

"executables selected for download on to the following processors doesn't exist or incorrectly specified. Do you wish to ignore them and proceed? 1.ps7_cortex9_0"

To provide some background, I am learning from a simple example given on YouTube to blink 4 LEDs.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mnBk5SrIk

I'm using a Zybo Z7-20 in Vivado 2019.1 with SDK. All the steps in Vivado work fine and I'm able to export the hardware and bitstream to the SDK, however when I attempt to Debug as Hardware then the error message appears.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I think you weren't paying attention because the guy in the tutorial also gets that warning message but he just presses the Proceed button and ignores it.

It probably has something to do with the debug configuration when launched for the first time.

Edited by thinkthinkthink

The problem is that the process freezes at a certain line in the debugger. I am wondering if the error message has anything to do with why the program crashes. I'm not experienced enough to use the debugger and figure out exactly why this is happening. The program halts at this instruction 

ffffff34:   mvn     r0, #15

The LEDs turn on, but do not blink, probably because it fails at the first iteration. I haven't touched the ARM processor in a long time, so I don't know what is going on.

Thanks

Edited by rmormorian
correction

I'm having the same issue. What I found is that there seems to be a limit as to how large the c code file in Vitis can be.

Here is the scenario as to how I discovered this:

1. In Vivado, I created a block design with a microBlaze and four axi_gpio(s)
  2. I wrote C code in Vitis to initialize and read / write to the axi_gpio(s)
  3. I included "Hello World" to verify that the COM port was working. It did.
  4. When I added extra lines to the C code, I found that too many lines of code caused the "Executables selected for download on to the following processors doesn't exist or incorrectly specified. Do you wish to ignore and proceed? 1. microblaze_0"
  5. I clicked 'Proceed' (as suggested above) and the program didn't run.
  6. I removed the extra lines of code (which were printf statements), and then the program worked.

Question:

1. Do I need to make a memory module larger in the block design to accommodate the larger C code file? If yes, which memory and how?

This might not answer your question, but perhaps it will help with your troubleshooting.

Hope this is helpful,

Curtis