Digital Discovery DIO Port connector question

DavidLee1997

Question

I have a Digital Discovery that has been working wonderfully for me, and I am looking to implement it in a test fixture.  While the 2x6 to Fly Lead connector has been perfect for the design, test, and debug process, I am looking for a connector-to-connector version that I can use for the test fixture.  I would like to used keyed connectors so that the operator cannot accidently misconnect the device to the test card.

Do you have a connector-to-connector version already assembled that I can purchase?  Is there a part number for the connector?  

Thank you!

Respectfully,

David Johnson

3 answers to this question

Hi @DavidLee1997,

I apologize for the long delay.

I do not believe we have any double female ended keyed connectors available for the Digital Discovery. I attempted to up some sort of similar connector that could be used since the pins have a 100 mil pitch, but was not able to easily find such cable (at least not without doing a lot of digging through various distributors website listings).

As an alternate solution, I do know that an unkeyed 2x6 connector that would be compatible (we use it on different Digilent boards) would be a 929975-01-06-RK from 3M. You could then attach and secure the individual flywires as needed and then somehow label the appropriate "pin 1". I understand that it's not an ideal solution, but hopefully it will help.

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin thank you for responding.  At this time, I'm waiting for a Molex part to come in that appears to have the correct size including the key.  While I will need to create the cabling myself, I would prefer that to having an unkeyed connector that the end user could connect backwards. 

If Digilent is looking for any product suggestions, I would recommend the cable with two keyed connectors. 

Thanks!

Respectfully,

David Johnson