Zynq zc702

deepak

Question

Hello,

I am working on zynq zc702 board.I have to create a fpga core between ARM and SPI peripheral using SPI interface and have to see clk and data bits are toggles?I am new to this please can you help me how to do this?

2} How to do a communication between arm and fpga using SPI? (I'm using zynqzc702)

Thanks

Deepak

3 answers to this question

Hey deepak,

So just to start with some general info, the interconnection between the ARM core and the FPGA fabric on the Zynq chips (or the peripherals on the board) is through the AXI4 interface. The AXI Quad SPI IP allows you to connect the AXI4 interconnect (which will connect to the programming system) with slave devices that support standard, dual, or quad SPI protocol instruction sets. The interconnection is an automated process that Vivado will run for you once you have your desired IP set up. But in order to provide you with some more constructive feedback, I will need a little more information.

• What software are you running (as in which version of Vivado and what operating system)?
  • What specific peripheral are you trying to use in your design?
  • Do you have any specific constraints?

The resources I can suggest may vary depending on where you are starting at and what you are trying to achieve. 

Regards,

Nate

17 hours ago, NAEastland said:

Hey Nate,

1} What software are you running (as in which version of Vivado and what operating system)?

I am using vivado 2015.4 version and i have to use linux but initially i am doing without operating system(i.e baremetal).

2} What specific peripheral are you trying to use in your design?

I have to use SPI peripheral in my design.

3} Do you have any specific constraints?

I don't have any specific constraints.

Q} Initially i have to create a FPGA core with ARM processor and SPI peripheral and talk with outside world.and test the interface by just hooking the out pins to sope and see clock and data bits are toggle?

Q.Any tutorial or example for how to use SPI interface with zynq device?

Q.How to do a communication between ARM and FPGA using SPI interface(ARM as a Master)?

Regards,

Deepak

Hey deepak,

There are a variety of examples available online depending on how you need to go about this. As the board in the ZC702 Evaluation kit is not a Digilent product, we do not have any materials directly supporting it, however if you are just getting started there are some resources we have that you could read through to get familiar with a Zynq board and working with the IP Integrator, like the Zybo GSG. Another Digilent resource you may find helpful in working with IP can be found here in working work some of our Pmods (the PmodOLED, PmodALS, and PmodACL use SPI). Xilinx also provides a PDF document on using the IP Integrator with AXI4 based IP, which could be more applicable since their example is done on the board you have. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Regards,

Nate

Archived