ADP3450 - Accessories

James Aguirre

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @James Aguirre,

I reached out to the Product Manager for the Analog Discovery Pro; she let me know that they plan to offer adapters and cables based on customer feedback.

Are there specific adapters and cables aside from the 12x2 ribbon cable and the Breadboard Breakout adapter that you wish were available for sale for the Analog Discovery Pro (ADP3450)?

Thanks,
JColvin

That is it for now, I am trying to improve my ability to measure THD on my amplifiers.  I find that if I use a straight BNC connector to both outputs of my Class D audio amplifier it will shut down the output transistors since they don't like a common ground.  I found a workaround by either using differential probes or just not grounding the amplifier output side of the probe.  I feel that a Breakout adapter would allow for experimentation.

Since you are  kind enough to ask for requests,  I have one for the software side.  If you could add a measure to the THD function, it would provide a functionality not available right now on any other scope I am aware of.  Right now I see a visual representation of the THD or THD+Noise in the Network tab, it would be really nice to be able to get a specific number just like we can for frequency, voltage, etc.  I assume getting an average would be the simplest and should work, but ideally you would be able to click on any point on the graph and get the measure.

Hi @James Aguirre,

I have put your THD request on the appropriate Digilent tracking board.

I would recommend posting any further software requests directly in the Test and Measurement section of Forum; that way the developer of the WaveForms software will be able to readily see them and ask you any clarification questions that they might have.

Thanks,
JColvin