Arty S7 board no longer powers on

MPLewis

Question

I've been using my Arty S7 board for a few months now, and earlier tonight unplugged it from USB to do a hard reset of a Pmod peripheral, and when I plugged it back in to the same cable, it did not power back on. The Pmod peripheral is a Digilent Pmod CLP, and was inserted into the "standard" Pmod connectors to prevent shorts, so that is likely not the source of the problem. I have tried a different USB cable and waiting an hour with the board unplugged, but it appears to be completely non-functional at this point.

According to the warranty requirements I need to post here to start that process, but this board was purchased less than a year ago and hopefully this issue will be covered under warranty.

3 answers to this question

Hi @MPLewis,

It doesn't sound like you've done anything inherently wrong; hot (un)plugging can a problem, but that's almost always on the display side of things in terms of its controller not properly getting set up.

Do you happen to an external power supply that would be able to test the Arty S7 with to see if it powers on? It's okay if not.

Did you purchase the board from Digilent directly or a distributor?

Thanks,
JColvin

I unfortunately do not have access to an external power supply of the form factor needed by the Arty S7 (I have checked the few similar power supplies for various electronics I have lying around, and none of them appear to fit).

I purchased the board directly from Digilent in June 2020, and can provide the order number, copy of the receipt, and other details if needed.

Hi @MPLewis,

Since you purchased from Digilent, I would recommend that you go through the Sales and Order Support form that is linked in Digilent's Return Policy; those of us here on the support side of things do not actually approve or deny an RMA request, that is ultimately decided by the Sales team which will need the board's serial number and order number.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived