Digilent WaveForms VIs

Toshimasa

Question

Hello,

I am trying 'Digilent WaveForms VIs' to communicate with Analog Discovery 2 from LabVIEW. I am happy with most of the functions of MSO (Mixed Signal Oscilloscope) and FGEN (Function Generator). For example, I can generate a waveform with FGEN VIs, and record it with MSO VIs. However, I found several problems in the following tasks.

- Recording a waveform with MSO in synchronization with  FGEN. I called 'DWF MSO Configure Digital Edge Trigger (VI)' with Trigger Source 'fgen/start' and Trigger Slope 'Rising(0)', before calling 'DWF MSO Run (VI)' and 'DWF MSO Read (VI)' to read a waveform. However, the recorded waveform is not synchronized with the source waveform (FGEN). The result is similar to that with immediate trigger 'DWF MSO Configure Immediate Trigger (VI)'. Is this a bug? or how can I trigger with FGEN signal? I noticed that the same problem occurs in the standalone WaveForms program.

-  Recording a waveform with 'Averaging' rather than 'Decimate'. This significantly reduces the noise when the sampling frequency is lower than the ADC sampling frequency (10 MHz). The standalone WaveForms program has 'Decimate', 'Averaging', and 'Min/Max' options in Sample Mode function. However, 'DWF MSO Configure Timing (VI)' has 'Sample' (maybe equivalent to 'Decimate') and 'Peak Detect' (maybe recording a sample and the minimum value) options only in 'Sampling Mode'. It would be nice to have 'Averaging' option in this VI.

Best,

Toshimasa

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived