Connect PL to I2c bus switch to control and monitor PMBus (power management controller)

venugopal

Question

Hello,

I am new to the Vivado. I need to find a way to monitor and control the VCCINT (PL voltage). I had found that this can be done through by adding a DVS unit and it should access the PMBus through I2C Bus switch which can be accessed through Level shifter.

I  have no clue about how to add modules and should I SDK or normal Verilog programming

image.png.533bc8c34821182fe3757dabedae553b.png

I went through some papers and I found out how to do dynamic voltage scaling using the below block. But I have no clue about how to connect the DVS block to above figure. the DVS needs to be implemented in PL. 

image.png.a694e77fcae601de7edddbe31cd86b0c.pngimage.png.ea2d432ddacb2baa6ac96fb253707374.png

source: Accurate power controlling and monitoring in ZYNQ boards.

1 answer to this question

Hi @venugopal,

I haven't used a DVS IP core specifically (I'm not seeing one in Xilinx's IP library anyways), but with Vivado's block diagram pane, the software has gotten pretty good about automatically making the connections that it needs through the "Run Connection Automation" and "Run Block Automation" options.

If you're instead adding different ICs into the board, the implementation details of that is beyond the scope of what the Digilent staff address here on our Forum.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived