DILIGENT BASYS MX3 URT driver

cyonek12

Question

I need to connect this board with a program called "PuTTY". When I go into device manager and look near (COM & LPT) I expect to see the MX3 UART. Instead it I see "Basys MX3 UART" in other devices with a warning symbol. 

It says "There are no compatible drivers for this device.

I have been swapping out known good USB-b cables. I have found no helpful pre-existing posts on this forum.

I have to use this board for my class and this is extremely frustrating. My instructor told me: "you could always search online for a USB to serial port driver, such as the one shown in the link below. You may want to delete the device driver for BASYS MX3 board and install the downloaded driver to try your luck."

I've been at this for week. At this rate it will be impossible to do well in the class. 

I really hope I get help even though its a 2017 product :(

EDIT: it works on my ryzen desktop but still not my Dell laptop :(

nodriveratall.PNG

2 answers to this question

Hi @cyonek12,

Windows normally will install drivers upon a new device being detected automatically, but I will see if I can find a more direct source of drivers for you.

Off the top of my head, the Digilent Core for the Arduino IDE (link) would have the drivers that are used to communicate with the Basys MX3 over serial.

As an aside, I don't know if PuTTY is a requirement for you to use, but I personally find TeraTerm to be a much more user friendly serial terminal program than PuTTY and is what Digilent uses in all of our tutorials that communicate over a serial terminal.

Thanks,
JColvin

19 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @cyonek12,

Windows normally will install drivers upon a new device being detected automatically, but I will see if I can find a more direct source of drivers for you.

Off the top of my head, the Digilent Core for the Arduino IDE (link) would have the drivers that are used to communicate with the Basys MX3 over serial.

As an aside, I don't know if PuTTY is a requirement for you to use, but I personally find TeraTerm to be a much more user friendly serial terminal program than PuTTY and is what Digilent uses in all of our tutorials that communicate over a serial terminal.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi Mr. Colvin,

I will check out your link to see if I can get it working on the dell. It will probably be thursday. My ryzen is not having an issue and I have PuTTY up and running on there. Thank you for giving your time to respond!

Thanks,

-Adam

Archived