New Analog Discovery 2, PLL not Locked

Light

Question

9 answers to this question

5 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @Light

Try using the original USB cable the device came with, other USB ports of the computer or powered USB hub.
Let us know if this help.

No it doesn't help, I have multiple AD2, only this one doesn't work.

Hi @Light

For warranty and replacement the support dot digilent at ni dot com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

They will need your name, when you purchased the device, whom you purchased it from (i.e. Digilent or a distributor), and the serial number on the underside of the device. If you purchased the board from a distributor, you will need to contact them about their warranty.

On 3/2/2021 at 4:48 AM, attila said:

Hi @Light

For warranty and replacement the support dot digilent at ni dot com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

They will need your name, when you purchased the device, whom you purchased it from (i.e. Digilent or a distributor), and the serial number on the underside of the device. If you purchased the board from a distributor, you will need to contact them about their warranty.

Do I need to obtain a RMA # for replacement?

Hi @Light,

If properly authorized (you can reference this forum thread and presuming you purchased this board from Digilent directly), they will get you in contact with the Digilent Sales team who will assign an RMA number to your ticket.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

I have the same problem with my analog discovery 2. I bought it used and it has a written note that says that the "switch is burned". When connected to a laptop it says that the PPL is not locked. 

I read on this post

that the IC20 might be burnt. Is the IC20 the "switch"? 

If so, how can I obtain this component to replace it? Would the by-pass method be a safe option to do?

Thanks 

Hi @Psoas

The IC20 switch limits the initial USB power consumption. Bypassing it will exceed the initial/unconfigured USB spec of 100mA (~50mA with IC20 and ~220mA with bypass) but I'm unaware of any host using such limitation so the device should work normally with the bypass.

https://digilent.com/reference/test-and-measurement/analog-discovery-2/hardware-design-guide#analog_supplies_control

http://www.analog.com/en/switchesmultiplexers/analog-switches/adp197/products/product.html