Waveforms annotations ?

nurber3

Question

Hi Forum.  I've recently started demoing Waveforms in preparation for a Pro purchase.  One feature that I cannot find is some type of annotation ideally with an arrow.  A search for related strings in help or search engines doesn't help me to find if it exists ?

Thanks, Sven

4 answers to this question

Hi @nurber3,

So I can better help you, what are you envisioning with these annotation within WaveForms? I know you can add Labels (text boxes that are overlaid on the display), Cursor lines that automatically calculate and show the current value of a WaveForm at a set point, and the Export functionality will let you add some comments and time stamps. I've attached screenshots of each of these different features (should be shown in order) that I took from the built-in Help document within WaveForms.

Are you looking for a different kind of annotation?

Thanks,
JColvin

Labels.png

X-cursorValues.png

Export.png

Hi JColvin.  Thanks for detailed reply with visual examples :)  I was able to create text annotations like your examples when looking for this feature, but I think the missing ingredient is an arrow or line to specific part of a waveform.  One of the logging tools I use is PicoLog by Pico Technology which has such functionality and I've attached a screenshot.  Having this functionality in visual instruments of Waveforms suite would be very useful to me and perhaps others.  Currently can't to it in the scope app from Pico Technology.  Planning to buy a 3450.

Sven

Screenshot (40).png

Archived