Waveforms, Analog Discovery 2 - Setting Scope channels to trigger different Wavegen Channels

schen

Question

Hopefully someone knows how to do this because I can't find anywhere online explaining it nor can I figure it out in the software.

Trying to use Waveforms to trigger two separate wave gens at different time with different delays. Ideally I could set Wavegens to trigger on separate channels, i.e. channel 1 receives a signal pulse and triggers the armed wavegen 1. Later a pulse will go to channel 2 and trigger the other wavegen channel. Is this possible with the Waveforms software? These are my only trigger options:

image.png.e867b69bbe87263599b9fad00f9ea932.png

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @schen

You can specify the same trigger source and different delay (Wait) for W1 and W2, or trigger W2 delayed (Wait) afer W1 stops (falling edge) (pic2)
You could use different signals (T1 and T2) or opposite edge to trigger W1 and W2 (pic1).

image.thumb.png.8db7082c86bd86a9481413b9cf9361fd.png

image.thumb.png.a5724499b204f0e1eae6fb5bd5a5d1c7.png

@attila

I've hooked up two signal cables to the T1 and T2 pins, and it seems to work!

I can't use the same trigger source with a different delay since I'm using the delay to simulate repeated signals after a trigger (1s pulses with 2s intervals), so unless theres a way to set both a separate wait time and interval, it doesn't really work for me. Though if there is a method to do so, then triggering off the same signal will actually be better.

Archived