No oscilloscope input on Mac OS

Deborah

Question

Hi Forum, 

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.  I'm hoping to have my students (sophomore physics majors) learn (remotely) the basics of using function generators and oscilloscopes using Waveforms to measure the time constant of a simple RC circuit.  They have a USB sound card with terminal blocks and can send the signal out through a simple circuit they've made on a breadboard (using the Rexqualis Basic Kit) and back.  It works very nicely for everyone with a PC, but for those using Macs, although the WaveGen signal gets sent to any output (internal speakers or sound card), the oscilloscope does not display input from any source (either internal mic or sound card).  

I read through the forum and noticed that sometimes there are problems with some extension files under MacOS, but those were for certain hardware, so I wanted to double check if you think that might be the problem.  I'm suspicious because even without any sound card, the oscilloscope doesn't pick up any sound.  No talking, clapping, nothing.  I'm pretty sure it's supposed to do that straight up... and if I remember correctly it did that once, briefly, the very first time I started the app, but never again since.  

Any guidance to making just the oscilloscope pick up sound would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Deborah

2 answers to this question

Archived