AD2 stopped working

Noor

Question

I bought my AD2 in Nov 2020... it was working fine  last night. Today I see there is "No Device Detected" in my waveforms. I tried everything you suggested in Forum, nothing worked.  How can I solve this issue or replace it? How can I claim warranty? 

8 answers to this question

Hi @Noor,

In the interest of clear communication, you followed the troubleshooting steps listed in this forum thread here: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/35-analog-discovery-troubleshooting/? And to rule out this line of thinking, did your computer do any sort of update overnight? I presume you've already tried the "turn it off, turn it back on" technique that works more often then it should with all of the modern software and hardware that exists?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JClovin,

My waveforms cannot detect the device, so i followed these steps:

"Open Windows Device Manager then connect the device and wait up to one minute for a device to appear:

- USB Serial Converter, with warning----( its nowhere in the device manager...I checked USB ports, other things connect but not AD2)

- Connect the device directly to the computer's USB plug without using external hub....(I do not use external Hub)

- Restart the computer.(restarted 5 times, connected to another Pc to see if my laptop has any problem with it, still no luck)

- Reinstall WaveForms, including the Adept Runtime section."- reinstalled, no luck

Hi @Noor,

If your laptop auto updates regularly, but it hasn't run into issues before the perhaps some driver thing changed, but the device is not detected on a different machine, then the device is probably damaged. The warranty timeframe for Digilent products increased recently so I'll send you a DM discussing the next options.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Noor

The device is not detected at all, there is no "USB Serial Converter" under "USB controllers" and no "unknown device".

It could be a cable USB contact issue. Make sure you are using the original USB cable the device came with or try other micro-USB cable you have by hand.

Archived