AD3 feature suggestions from an AD2 fanboy

Andras

Question

Hi guys!

First of all I want to say that I love my AD2 and all the support it gets from Digilent and the community! This little device helped me to conduct so many fascinating experiments that I could not have done without it. I learned a lot during the process and I consider myself an absolute fanboy ?

Having said that, I collected a few feature requests (or rather wishes) over the last year that I would love to see in its next version. They are ordered by my personal priorities.

1. Small (ideally Raspberry Pi model B-like) form factor
  2. Much bigger scope samples buffer
  3. Hardware accelerated built-in FFT (+API to get those)
  4. CTIA&OMTP microphone jack optionally routed to one of the scopes
  5. USB-C 3.0+ input with voltage readback (to support battery operation better)
  6. Scope up to 6 GHz (to measure WiFi, Bluetooth, GSM/5G signals)
  7. A few programmable onboard RGB LEDs
  8. (Built-in) impedance adapter with auto-ranging
  9. USB-C output with voltage/current/power consumption readback and PD (Power Delivery) support
  10. 2000+ mA power output
  11. Wavegen with built-in AM and FM support
  12. Script offloading and execution on AD

On the software side I have big respect for @attila, who was always ready to answer my questions and even implement my feature request quickly. WaveForms is truly a fantastic piece of software! The only thing I would suggest is to hire a good UX-designer who could help the developer(s) to make a more intuitive UI and a better user experience overall.

I'm following the new AD Pro lineup, but I think I'm not the target audience for them, I wouldn't buy such a physically big device.

1 answer to this question

Archived