Max sampling speed for continuous transfer over usb 2 on AD2 FPGA

Liur1996

Question

Hello

I'm trying to find the maximum sampling speed that I can get for ADC on the analog discovery 2 FPGA? usb 2 maximum transfer is 480Mbit/s and in the Waveform software it says it can sample at about 1Msample/s, but I want to get a more accurate number. How can I test the system to find that number. What kind of information do I need?

Kind regards

Richard

2 answers to this question

Hi @JColvin

I have a labview program running on computer, so AD2 is just acting as a ADC to read the values and send them to the labview program the labview program is set up to take in 256 readings (or maybe more if it allowed) per cycle in a 50Hz cycle waveform. so I'm trying to find the maximum sampling rate that will allow continuous sampling and transfer without losses. I have read on site and pages where people claim that it can do 2MHz sampling with no loss, web link, and link forum. Also on the waveform software manual in the oscilloscope control section it also states the same thing. But I want to know how is this number found and how can i find the maximum sampling rate so I can add it to my paper.

Kind regards

Richard

Archived