Analog Discovery Driver Error

SallenKey

Question

Hello to you all!

My buddy has a problem with his Analog Discovery board. When it is connected to the computer, the installation of the driver fails and in the device manager it only shows a connected device named "D". Basically, it is the same problem which was discussed in this topic:

Cables and connections are OK, we have also tried to install the driver manually like it was described in the link, but it is still not working. After the manually installation, the device manager shows "USB Serial Converter" instead of "D", but WaveForms still cannot find any device.

I have also a Analog Discovery board which is working fine on my computer, but when I connect the other board, the same problems occur.

I hope I've described the problem clear enough ;)

It would be nice if someone could help us.

6 answers to this question

Thank you for your quick help!

This solved the problem, now the device is recognized and can be used by WaveForms on my computer! However, when my buddy wants to open WaveForms, he gets the error message, which I've put as an attachment. I think it must be a problem of WafeForms, because the device is working fine on my computer. Re-installation did not help.

Thank you in advance! 

post-334-0-90630700-1420818627_thumb.jpg

Finally, the device is running on the computer, but only if it is connected to a USB-hub. The interesting thing is that the hub is without auxiliary power supply. But WaveForms can only connect to the Analog Discovery if the hub is in between. A direct connection is not working.

Thank you for your help! 

Hello.

Well my problem is slightly different.

I have installed the Waveform on 2 different computers (windows 8 and windows Vista), when I connect the Analog Discovery to Windows 8 computer the software recognizes it. However when it is connected to Windows Vista one, the software does not. On the system, it shows the the driver is not properly installed.

Any idea? 

Hello,

Is the Vista computer USB capable supplying 500mA? Small battery powered computers (like netbooks) might not provide enough power.

Could you try connecting Discovery to powered USB hub or use another USB plug?

You might try restarting the computer and reinstalling WaveForms including the Adept Runtime section.

Does it show a yellow exclamation mark in Windows Vista Device Manager for Analog Discovery labeled as "USB Serial Converter" or "Digilent USB Device" ?

If so, what is displayed under Properties/ Device status ?

Also check the driver version which should be 2.12.0

Try manually updating the driver:

- first Uninstall (from Windows Device Manager) with "Delete the driver software.." checked

- press "Scan for hardware changes" or reconnect the device

- then "Update Driver Software" form the following location:

32bit windows: C:Program FilesDigilentRuntimeUsbDriver

64bit windows: C:Program Files (x86)DigilentRuntimeUsbDriver

Archived