Arty Z7 board using DP0-DP13 and DP26-DP41 pins: warnings received

rt54321

Question

Greetings!  I have been through several of the basic "getting started" tutorials with the Arty Z7 board (so far, so good).

Now, I want to use the shield pins on the Arty Z7 (no buttons or LEDs), so I have added two GPIO IPs to my block diagram (see attachment for block diagram).  Eventually, I want to add interrupts to these GPIO pins.

When I do this, I get these warnings:

WARNING: [Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part digilentinc.com:genesys2:part0:1.1 available at C:/Xilinx/vivado-boards/new/board_files/genesys2/H/board.xml as part xc7k325tffg900-2 specified in board_part file is either invalid or not available

WARNING: [BD 41-702] Propagation TCL tries to overwrite USER strength parameter PCW_M_AXI_GP0_FREQMHZ(10) on '/processing_system7_0' with propagated value(100). Command ignored

I'm not sure what these warnings mean - should I press forward with my example, or is there something I missed?

Untitled.png

1 answer to this question

Hi @rt54321,

Those warnings (based on my understanding) are due to your version of Vivado not having downloaded the associated Kintex part with those that (Kintex-7 325-T). You can get rid the warnings by either adding that part to your installation of Vivado (by bringing up the Xilinx Information Center and choosing to add parts to your installation, and then adding the Kintex-7 family) or by going to the board files folder (C:/Xilinx/vivado-boards/new/board_files in your case) and deleting the Genesys 2 listing.

Personally I would do the latter as that will take a lot less time and you can always copy them over later from Digilent's GitHub (https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-boards/tree/master/new/board_files) if you ever end up using those boards in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived