Can't Program Arty A7-35T

MattC

Question

I purchased an Arty A7 board not long ago and have been unable to program it. When I connect it to my PC Windows does not recognize anything has been plugged in, but the board does get power. Vivado and Adept do not recognize it either. I have tried everything I could think of or find on this forum. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and even reinstalling Vivado, which changed nothing. I have also verified that the cables I used were not only power (they worked for data too).

At this point I feel like it's some kind of hardware fault but I would appreciate any way to verify that, or anything else I can try in case it isn't a hardware issue.

2 answers to this question

Hi @MattC,

Sorry for the delayed answer. Can you tell me if it shows at all in device manager when you connect the board? Like anything, even unknown device. If so, please please let me know what it shows. Please also go to properties -> Details -> Hardware IDs and send me the HW ID. 

Have you tried connecting it to another computer? 

Thanks,

Bianca

On 1/15/2021 at 4:47 AM, Bianca said:

Hi @MattC,

Sorry for the delayed answer. Can you tell me if it shows at all in device manager when you connect the board? Like anything, even unknown device. If so, please please let me know what it shows. Please also go to properties -> Details -> Hardware IDs and send me the HW ID. 

Have you tried connecting it to another computer? 

Thanks,

Bianca

Thanks for the response Bianca. Sorry it took awhile for me to respond since for some reason I didn't get an email that you replied even though I was following the thread.

Nothing shows up in hardware manager when I plug it in on both my desktop and laptop.

Archived