Memory read error at 0xF8F00208. Cannot halt processor core, timeout.

kkilic

Question

Hi,

I am trying Hello World application on Zybo Z7-20 and get error when I run debug:

Memory read error at 0xF8F00208. Cannot halt processor core, timeout.

After making some Google search, I found that someone mentioned that it might be power issue, so I changed to wall power supply but still it doesn`t work.

PL design is very simple. Any help is appreciated.

temp.png

temp1.png

2.png

5 answers to this question

Hello,
Sorry for the delayed answer.
I have managed to replicate the error using the same hardware setup as described, and it is thrown when I try to program the board while JP5 is set on QSPI. Can you try moving the jumper from QSPI to JTAG, as in the photo, and then program the board again? For me this fixed the issue.

Best wishes,
Eduard

zybo_jtag.jpg

Eduard, thanks! Excellent works for finding out the problem. No more error message 

But when I run it in debug mode("debug as"), vitis serial Terminal(with port connected correctly) does not print out hello world message.

- The setting is for platform with ps7_cortexa9_0 (cpu0) as standalone domain. cannot print out hello world message

- But If I set the platform with ps7_contexa9_1 (cpu1) as standalone domain, it print out hello world message. 

15 minutes ago, GENIECUBE said:

Eduard, thanks! Excellent works for finding out the problem. No more error message 

But when I run it in debug mode("debug as"), vitis serial Terminal(with port connected correctly) does not print out hello world message.

- The setting is for platform with ps7_cortexa9_0 (cpu0) as standalone domain. cannot print out hello world message

- But If I set the platform with ps7_contexa9_1 (cpu1) as standalone domain, it print out hello world message. 

Correction: look like I observe above difference between ps7_cortexa9_0 and ps7_cortexa9_1  before I follow Eduard solution. With Eduard solution to set jump pin to JTAG,   ps7_cortexa9_0 can now print out hello world message. 

Archived