PmodAD5 Voltage Reference Noise

JimViau

Question

I have a PmodAD5 Analog to Digital converter capable of high precision with differential input capability. It use the Analog Device AD7193 ADC converter and also Analog Device ADR441 as an on-board 2.5 Vdc Voltage Reference. The Analog Device spec sheet for the ADR441 specify 2 different noise level for category A or B chip version. On the board, chip ADR441, one can read R02. I believe it is the Branding of the chip, like shown on page 18 of the spec sheet (but I am not sure if that's what it relate to). Though I am not aware what Branding means in this case. I am trying to determine if this ADR441 chip is of category A or B. According to the spec sheet, ADR441A would mean that the chip is a 10ppm/oC noise level, and ADR441B would be a 3ppm/oC noise level. Not that it would make a big difference for my project but I'd like to know what version in on my PmodAD5 board. Does anyone happen to know the information ?

Thanks for your help

1 answer to this question

Hi JimViau,

I looked up the datasheet for the ADR441 and found that the part that is loaded onto the PmodAD5 is the the ADR441A with the 10 ppm/oC noise level. This was determined by the R02 branding and comparing that to the "Ordering Guide" at the end of the datasheet.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived