Cannot get Digilent HS2 to recognize device on Arty S7-50 eval board

DavdJonesBand

Question

Although I can use Vivado 2019.2 to program the Arty S7's QSPI flash via the USB UART, my real need is to use Vivado 2019.2 to program the QSPI flash using the Digilent HS2 JTAG Adapter.  However, a target device can never be found.  I also tried using the latest Adept application to program the QSPI flash using the Digilent HS2 JTAG Adapter.  Again, a target device can never be found.  I am working in a Windows 10 environment.

Are there any concise step-by-step directions describing how Vivado 2019.2 can be enabled to program the Arty S7-50 QSPI flash using the Digilent HS2 JTAG Adapter?

Solution:  Embarrassing to admit, but I did not pay close enough attention to reference designators and plugged the HS2 JTAG Adapter into the wrong footprint.  I continued searching the Internet for problems appearing similar to mine, and was eventually led to checking the VDD voltage at the JTAG footrprint ... and I found it to be zero.  Suffice it say, plugging the HS2 JTAG Adapter into the correct footprint on the Arty S7 board worked like a charm.  Sorry to take up room on the forum with such a mistake.  I had been chasing my problem for awhile before deciding to post, but my focus had been on the tools of late, and I simply overlooked the reference designator mismatch.

Edited by DavdJonesBand
Solution fouind

1 answer to this question