Digilent Arty S7-50 not recognized at all

SarahIsWeird

Question

Hello everybody! My Arty S7-50 finally came a few days ago, and after the ordeal of installing Vivado, I was eager to try out some stuff. Sadly, I ran into more problems: The board isn't being detected, at all. Vivado's hw_server.bat tells me that FTD2XX.dll is missing (which I installed multiple times, I even put it in a folder in the PATH), but the board isn't even detected at all as a device. I've looked at Window's Device Manager, which doesn't tell me anything, and usbview doesn't either. I've tried putting the board into JTAG mode, which doesn't change anything too. I know for a fact the USB ports I tried (on two different computers) aren't faulty, and the cable isn't either. The board is being powered, showing the blinking LEDs and the color changing RGB LEDs. Could it be a problem with the FTDI chip on the board?

Mind you, I'm a total beginner to FPGA stuff, so I'd really appreciate explanations for FPGA dummies :) I have a lot of experience with programming and Windows, so that's not the problem.

Thanks for your time!

Sarah

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived