Question about USRP B205mini-i

amehdi

Question

Hello

Does anyone know if the Digilent's USRP is exactly the same as the Ettus B205mini-i? (or, what are the differences between the two?)

I am specifically looking for 2 things:

1. Whether the RF performance is the same as Ettus's.

2. Whether I can use the B205mini-i metal enclosure on this board.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi @amehdi,

I got confirmation that the USRB B205mini-i that Digilent sells and the one Ettus sells are the same board with the same specifications. You will be free to use the enclosure that Ettus sells separately, https://www.ettus.com/all-products/usrp-b205mini-i-enclosure/, on the module that Digilent sells. Based on the Ettus page for the enclosure, all it does is increase the safe operating temperature range.

Thank you,
JColvin

The connectors on the "Digilent" version look different from the "SMB" connectors on the Ettus version. What are these connectors? We need some B200 or B205 here and the only ones available now are the "Diligent" branded ones.  But I can't figure out from the photos what this is, and the spec sheets don't say.

https://i.redd.it/aoc83i7vkbl71.png

Hi @ThrillScience,

They are the same connectors (Digilent resells the Ettus boards, we do not alter the connectors or any other part of the board nor physically brand the board, though I am uncertain if the box packaging is changed in anyway, I suspect not though).

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to in particular, but you might be seeing are black plastic caps covering the connectors which can just be removed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin