Nexys4 DDR Run program error

Leo_W

Question

Hi,digilent!

I'm having some problems with my N4.When I ran the IO self-check program(Nexys-4-DDR-OOB) on the official website, it worked without exception.But when I ran the GPIO program on my website, neither the digital tube nor the LED lit up. The code runs successfully on other N4 boards, and this board runs normally on other programs that use digital tubes and leds. I don't know what's wrong, can you help me?

Thanks!

微信图片_20201109170231.jpg

微信图片_20201109170241.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi @Leo_W,

What version of Vivado are you using and did you use the release of this project (available on our GitHub here: https://github.com/Digilent/Nexys-4-DDR-GPIO/releases). The program should work fine on other versions of Vivado besides the one the latest version of the release is for (2018.2), though you would likely need to regenerate the bitstream for it.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 11/12/2020 at 3:23 AM, JColvin said:

Hi @Leo_W,

What version of Vivado are you using and did you use the release of this project (available on our GitHub here: https://github.com/Digilent/Nexys-4-DDR-GPIO/releases). The program should work fine on other versions of Vivado besides the one the latest version of the release is for (2018.2), though you would likely need to regenerate the bitstream for it.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

I don't think the bitstream is a problem, I can run it successfully on another piece of N4. Besides, other Bitstreams running on this piece of N4 can be used normally. It just can't run this demo, so I am very confused.

Thanks!

Hi @Leo_W,

That is what I am confused about as well.

If the same demo code's bitstream runs on a different Nexys 4 DDR just fine and the seven segment display and LEDs light up as expected, but if you use a different project entirely on this particular board and it's LEDs and seven-segment display then work as expected, I am at a loss as to what the problem might be as both hardware and software problems are ruled out.

I will think on this a bit more to see if I can come up with some other sort of thing to troubleshoot.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived